"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Building Futures, Inc.

Building Futures, Inc.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015

I made it to Maseno and I'm absolutely exhausted!  It's only going to be April 15th for another hour and seventeen minutes, so I'm going to try and get to sleep before 11pm.  Job met me at the Kisumu airport and we immediately went to Nakumat for supplies (predominantly water and air time).  It was a quick in-and-out before we headed over to Mon Ami next door.  It's an open air restaurant just behind the Nakumat.  They're famous for mediocre food and amazingly slow service.  That being said, they must be under new management.  When we walked in I commented that I had never seen so many people "inside" the place (I'd also never seen so many white face in the place).  There was a table of 12 on the end and they had't begun to eat.  I thought to myself, "It's going to be 2 hours before our food arrives!  I was wrong! We ordered drinks and food at the same time and beverages came immediately.  Five minutes later, here came the chicken.  I was elated!  We made quick work of the food before heading back to the Peacock in Maseno.  It took me a couple hours to unpack the bags and separate items so that I could easily deliver them throughout the week.  And yes, now I'm back to exhausted.  Job's coming over tomorrow at 9:30 to discuss Sam's funeral.  I'll keep you all posted.
Talk to you tomorrow
Tuta oanana kecho

No comments: