"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Building Futures, Inc.

Building Futures, Inc.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

14/04/2015

I'm about to put another trip to Kenya in the books.  I'm sitting in JFK waiting for the 12 hour flight to Dubai.  I'm certain that the second leg of this journey will go as smoothly as the first.  "Thank you" to JetBlue for connecting my bags straight through to Nairobi from Rochester.  The Airtrain at JFK is having "problems" so I would have been shlepping through the airport with over 100lbs of luggage.  Thankfully, it's just me and my backpack... which probably weighs close to 50lbs.  No worries though, there's a bottle of Extra Strength Tylenol in the front zipper pocket with my other meds.  It's all good.
I'll have time to jot down another update when I get to Dubai, so I'll see you all then.  Right now, I just want to get on the plane to get some sleep.  We were up at 3 this morning to get to the airport by 4 for a 5:30 departure.  I'm not the only one that is looking forward to a nap.  While I wait, I'll be jotting down notes for Sam's funeral.  I will probably be asked to say a few words about the man I've known for the last 10 years.  He will be missed on both sides of the globe.
See you soon.

No comments: