"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Building Futures, Inc.

Building Futures, Inc.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

30.07.2011 On Our Way Home

Kevin's been having some trouble for the last couple of days.  I'm pretty sure that he got some water in his mouth while showering one morning.  I say, "pretty sure," because I heard him spitting it out repeatedly one morning.  6 hours later, it was official.  We've been trying to fix the problem ever since.  I'm happy to say that after several doses of Immodium and Azithromycin, this morning, Kevin emerged from the bathroom victoriously.  His hands were triumphantly raised over head.  He said, "I can finally pass gas."  Yes, I'm paraphrasing... what teenage boy says "pass gas"?  It's been smooth sailing ever since. No punn intended.  While I've been fortunate to have never fallen prey to the Kenyan version of "Montezuma's Revenge," sometimes it happens.  I doubt Kevin will make the same mistake twice.

We've made it all the way to Dubai, where it's currently midnight.  We had exit rows from Nairobi to here, but no such luck for the 13 hour flight to JFK.  Nuts.
We landed at 10:30pm, and I thought we'd be fine.  Our plane doesn't leave until 2:15am, and they don't release the exit row seats until 3 hours before the flight.  Not such luck.  We landed, then the pilot proceeded to drive the plane to the other side of the airport, where we disembarked and got on a bus to take us to the other side of the airport.  45 minutes later, we got to the gate.  Not good.  I think she said the flights overbooked.  Either way, we won't be stretching our legs any time soon.
The good news is that they've updated the "new movie" list.  We're saving Kung Fu Panda II and Hannah until we get home.  Kevin promised Karen that he'd watch it with her, and she and I never got to finish Hannah, so I'll wait until I get home for that one.
We watched Thor until dinner came.  That was when we reallized that Kevins tray table was broken.  He literally pulled out of the armrest.  We could have handed it to the flight attendant who find it quite humorous.  We managed.  Thor was great!  Much better than Green Lantern.

Anywho, Kevin's excited about the movie selection for the next 13 hours.  Source Code, Paul, Pirates of the Caribbean (whatever the new one is/was), Limitless, and I think there's another one.  Hopefully, those will keep us occupied.  I plan on sleeping for at least 7 hours.  At least that's my goal.  Kevin's going to try and watch movies the entire time.  I find it unlikely, as he's falling asleep in the lounge chair next to me as I type.  We'll let you know how it goes.

Can't wait to see Ann and Karen when we arrive back in Rochester.  It's been a wonderful experience being here with Kevin.  It was a similar experience with Kate last year.  He's just been great.  I never thougth it would be anything other than that, but he's just been great to travel with, work with, and certainly laugh with.  I can't wait to see him telling these stories to Andrea, Karen and Katie.  It will be just as enjoyable as being there when it happened.

See you all soon.

Me & Kev

No comments: